Land O’ Lakes now makes Sauté Express® Seasoned Meal Starter. The cube is a variety of herbs and spices combined with butter and olive oil. You can cook and flavor your favorite meat, vegetables, and more. It’s a ready-made compound butter conveniently packaged for you to create mouth-watering dishes.
Garlic & Herb Sauté Express Seasoned Meal Starter contains garlic, herbs, olive oil, and butter. The box contains six – 1 oz. cubes that can be easily unwrapped and dropped in a sauté pan. A great recipe to use with this is Latin Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Preparation and cooking is quite easy. This is a great recipe to start before you go to work. When you get home, you will be greeted by the aroma of this succulent dish. The pork is tender and moist. A slight citrus flavor comes through. Addition of salt on the pork, liquid smoke, and more orange (maybe bump up to a whole orange) would make it better. The best ways to serve the pork are as a slider in a King’s Hawaiian Sweet Roll or served in a corn tortilla as a taco. Recipe Rating: 4.3/5
- Cooking Tip: It is best to use the low setting for 6-8 hours. The high setting will cook it faster but will also start to burn the edges of the meat and sauce due to sugar content.
Italian Herb Sauté Express Seasoned Meal Starter contains fresh herbs, aromatic spices, butter, and olive oil for an Italian flair. The box contains six – 1 oz. cubes that can be easily unwrapped and dropped in a sauté pan. A good recipe to use with this is the Caramelized Onion Dip. Preparation and cooking is very easy. The aroma of the onions caramelizing in the Italian Herb Sauté Express is fantastic! The dip is slightly sweet, smooth, and creamy. Reduction of mayonnaise to ½ cup and addition of garlic salt and finely chopped green onion or chives would make it perfect. The best way to serve the dip are with tortilla chips, potato chips, or wheat crackers. Recipe Rating: 3.6/5
Another great way to use these meal starters is to make Cheesy Garlic Bread. Enjoy the recipe below by the OC Food Diva.
Cheesy Garlic Bread by OC Food Diva
- 2 cubes of Land O Lakes Italian Herb or Garlic & Herb Sauté Express squares
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar & Monterey jack blend
- 2 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- One 12-inch loaf of French or Italian bread
- Cut loaf of bread in half as if you are making a large submarine sandwich.
- Spread each half of bread with one Sauté Express square.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of each half.
- Evenly top the bread with shredded cheese.
- Broil in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into sections and serve with your favorite Italian dish.
Let your creativity run wild and use Land O’ Lakes’ Sauté Express in your next family meal.
For more information:
Land O’ Lakes’ Sauté Express
Land O’ Lakes Sauté Express products provided by House Party