The end of the school year is upon us with Teacher Appreciation week May 4-8, 2015 and the May 5 is Teacher Appreciation Day. There are many dedicated school teachers who give our children great learning experiences and I’ve created a list of affordable and fun ideas to thank your students teacher.
Orange you glad its summer? Teacher appreciation gift idea.
This versatile gift idea can be done in many ways but it has one theme, it is done in orange to go with the saying, “Orange you glad it’s summer?”
On Skip To My Lou there is a gift idea for a great teacher gift you can follow along with their suggestions or make your own. One idea I found was for an orange themed gift basket that includes an orange sippy tumbler filled with orange candies and attaching an Amazon gift card like a gift tag. You can personalize it further by giving a local gift card to a coffee shop or favorite restaurant too. Next, add a magazine or book of your choice with orange candle and orange nail polish. Then fill an orange bowl with orange candy slices or other orange treats. Remember to include an orange colored beach towel with sunscreen for a relaxing day at the beach. Your child’s teacher will feel so special and get off to a great start to her summer vacation.
Orange You Glad It’s Summer printable gift tags are available to download from Somewhat Simple. I found a video posted on Youtube that is similar to the gift basket on Skip To My Lou website. She used many different items such as an orange bowl with a pack of orange soda pop, a package of Reeses chocolate candy bars, an orange flower in a pot, orange hand lotion/sunscreen bottle, and orange facial scrub. Walk down the summer isle at the dollar store and fill up with orange items that you find.
Orange Gift Basket
This idea was originally found on Pinterest and this school teacher posted her own great idea on what to include in a teachers summer survival kit which when given from a parent or student makes the best teacher appreciation gift.
You’ve Got Wayne Brady on Teacher Appreciation
In this edition of You’ve Got, Wayne Brady talks about the reasons why we need to appreciate our teachers more.
“You were born to make a difference.” Coffee mug gift tutorial
Use this tutorial to create a personalized coffee mug with a special saying for your child’s teacher with a quote that says, “You were born to make a difference.”
List of teacher appreciation gift ideas
Here is a list of great teacher appreciation week gift ideas to thank your teacher for opening her heart and mind to your child and helping him or her to succeed in learning.
- Create an Infused Olive Oil gift set for your favorite teacher.
- Make a creative tea cup candle.
- Printable tags for gift jar ideas like candy-filled jar, pencil container, flower pot and more.
- Handmade teacher gift ideas including a chalkboard style tag on a handmade flower that says, “Thanks for helping me bloom.”
- Mini plant display will be perfect for your teacher’s windowsill at home or school.
- Buy a rose bush plant or other greenery to plant in her yard and remember for many years to come how much she was appreciated as a teacher. Forget giving cut flowers they die all too soon.
- Make a bleach pen shirt or apron for her to wear this summer.
- Order crochet gift items at The Hook Nook for your favorite teacher. There’s nothing like a personalized gift to say thank you.
Crochet ideas include: Apple Dish Cloths, Flower bookmark, cup cosie ideas, what does the fox say cup cozy or visit Pinterest for more ideas.
DIY essential oil bath salts makes a great teacher appreciation gift
Anyone can make this fun and creative do-it-yourself teachers gift, it is a quick tutorial on how to make colored Epsom bath salts with essential oils in a few easy steps.