The Ultimate All Purpose Cleanser:
Use the previous recipes for Thieves Oil (TO) from Part 1 of this article for house hold use. Experiment with the “Regular” or “Ultra Concentrated” ratios.
- 1) Dishwasher: To thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate greasy build up and odors add 4 tos 5 drops Thieves Oil (TO) to your organic automatic dish soap per load.
- 2) Laundry: To clean and deodorize laundry, add 5-6 drops per load. To sanitize laundry add 5 to 10 drops of TO, add 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the washing machine to create a fabric softener AND laundry sanitizer. To use as a dryer sheet, add 4 to 5 drops of TO onto a clean white cloth and place in clothes dryer.
- 3) Surfaces: To remove dried food, gum, gummy adhesive or hair spray buildup, dilute 8 drops of TO in 4 ounces of water, spray, let set for a few minutes before wiping. To clean and deodorize surfaces, add 8-16 drops of TO to 8 oz. of water in glass spray bottle.
- 4) Floors: Add 10-15 drops TO to ½ bucket of hot water. Use on a small spot in an inconspicuous area to test for discoloration.
- 5) Pet Bedding: To clean and deodorize (remove pets first) combine 1 to 2 drops of TO with 8 oz. water then spray down cat box between litter changes, dog houses and pet cages. For pet dishes, add 1-2 drops to soapy water and wash. Rinse well and dry.
- 6) To freshen and sanitize the air: Use in the home, office or car, add several drops of oil onto a cotton ball and place in the air vents to eliminate odor.
- 7) Hotel room sanitation: Mix 2 to 3 drops of TO with water in small glass bottle and spritz mattresses, bedding and carpets to help dispel bed bugs, wipe phones, tv remote controls, door knobs and light fixtures. Spay in the tub and toilet before use. Spray around the room to sanitize the air.
- 8) Cell phones, laptops, computers and devices: Mix 2 to 3 drops of TO with water in small glass bottle and spray lightly on a cloth and gently wipe down device. Best if devices are turned off during cleaning.
For Personal Care and Topical Applications or Massage:
Thieves oil (TO) for personal care and topical use should be diluted in a carrier oil due to its potency and strength. One carrier oil I particularly prefer is fractionated coconut oil (FCO), because it readily absorbs into the skin, making it ideal for topical applications and won’t clog pores.
It is colorless and will not go rancid like regular coconut oil. Being odorless it makes a perfect carrier oil allowing the aroma of your EOs to do their job on a deeper Aroma-therapeutic level.
Because of the extreme versatility of FCO, you can stretch your EOs much further. Even if just solely used as a “perfume” you can use your favorite EO/FCO combo as a hair serum, moisturizer for dry troubled skin, bug repellant or even as a sunscreen (if the EO used is not photo sensitive).
Used as a disinfectant, FCO’s antibiotic properties kill bacteria that are resistant to pharmaceutical antibiotics! The fractionating process raises the concentration of Capric acid and Caprylic acid found in coconut oil boosting its antioxidant and disinfecting properties.
Coconut oil has both long-chain and medium-chain fatty acids. Fractionated coconut oil (FCO) has the long-chain fatty acids removed. The medium-chain fatty acids left are considered the closest substance to human sub-cutaneous fat and more compatible with the skin. FCO penetrates the skin easier and is considered a very clean oil with no irritants that are often found with unrefined oils. It’s also used as a dietary supplement because it doesn’t require bile salts for digestion or absorption.
ALL that being said, using FCO is the perfect carrier oil for your home made Thieves Oil on the body and in the bath.
Continuing our list of the top 20 ways to use Thieves Oil:
Make a TO mixture ahead of time to have on hand. In a 5ml brown glass bottle combine 17 drops of thieves oil to 68 drops of FCO carrier oil = 5ml of diluted Thieves Oil. Use this diluted ratio blend for the following:
To support Health and Wellness:
- 9) For a healthy immune system: Apply TO mixture from above recipe to the bottom of the feet twice daily, morning and night. (Particularly before leaving for work, school or going out in public or times when your immune system is stressed).
- 10) Hand sanitizer: Combine 3 drops TO to 2 oz. water in a small glass bottle and spritz onto hands before and after coming into contact with people, grocery baskets, door knobs or handling money. Be careful not to get mixture in your eyes while wet.
- 11) Minor Cuts & Scrapes: Apply TO on gauze or band-aid and cover.
- 12) Minor aches and pains: Mix 15 drops of Arnica oil with 15 drops TO and massage affected area.
- 13) To relieve minor headaches: Apply 1 drop of TO to your thumb and place on the roof of your mouth, repeat if necessary, being careful not to apply to or lick your lips as it may cause burning. If this occurs, remove excess TO with a FCO carrier oil rather than water.
- 14) For a healthy digestive tract: Add 1 drop TO to 8 oz. of water, juice or tea and drink throughout the day. (Glass containers only).
- 15) For oral and throat health: Add 2 to 3 drops of TO to 2 tbsp. of water and gargle or add 1 drop of oil to 1 oz. of water, shake well and spray on the back of the throat.
For Personal Use:
- 16) Whitening Toothpaste: Place 4 tbsp. of baking soda in small glass container with 4 tbsp of finely ground sea salt, add 2 drops of TO and shake well. Dip toothbrush in food grade hydrogen peroxide then into the powdered mixture and brush for 2 minutes.
- 17) Mouthwash and floss: Combine one drop TO per oz. of water in a glass bottle. Shake well before use. Keep a portion in a glass spray bottle and spritz silk dental floss before using.
- 18) For non-cystic Acne: Apply 1 drop of undiluted TO on a Q-tip and apply directly to pimple. If skin is too sensitive, or for added anti-bacterial purposes, dilute with 1 drop of FCO.
- 19) Healthy scalp and clarifying shampoo: Excellent for removing buildup, dandruff and excess sebum. In the shower, wet hair. Mix 2 drops of TO with 2 tbsp of baking soda and 1 cup warm water. Pour onto scalp, massage and rinse.
- 20) Healthy skin support: Mix equal drops of TO with lavender essential oil and FCO. Apply to wet skin after shower.
These are but a few uses for this amazing oil. I hope you enjoy them and explore finding new ways to incorporate this simple yet effective non-toxic formula into your life.
To find out more about 100% Certified Pure, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and how you can make your own blends, contact: http://www.anastasiagilliam.com/_aromatherapy
Anastasia Gilliam is a certified Integral Yoga Instructor with over 13 years experience as a group fitness instructor and 5 years experience as a Holistic Lifestyle and Wellness Consultant. Specializing in teaching a wide range of age groups and fitness levels and those suffering from Asperger’s syndrome, PTSD, Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, chronic pain and illness or those dealing with the effects of aging through a variety of restorative techniques including Integral Yoga, dance, Reiki/energy work, singing and music as healing modalities.
To learn more contact: www.anastasigilliam.com