The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, located at 2655 South Park Ave. in Buffalo, gets ready for spring with these events in March.
- Arcangel Gallery: Michael Haderer – now through March 15th, the Gardens showcases Haderer’s work featuring last year’s NIGHT LIGHTS at The Gardens.
- Orchids – now through March 1st, this new exhibit will feature orchids blooming throughout the Gardens as well as cymbidiums. There will be special displays demonstrating how easy orchids are to grow as well as Q-and-As and orchid repotting with the Niagara Frontier Orchid Society (click here for dates).
- Orchid Show – Sunday, March 1st, presented by the Niagara Frontier Orchid Society. Show will feature orchid exhibits, educational programs, and orchids for sale. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – tickets are $9 for adults, $8 for seniors (55+) and students (13+ with ID), $5 for kids 3 to 12 and free for members and kids 2 and under.
- Yoga in the Gardens – Wednesday night (5:30 to 6:45 p.m.) spring session begins March 4th (runs through May 6th) – individual classes are $15, or 10-week session for $100.
- Orchid Sale – Saturday March 7th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Administration Building, featuring orchids from the 2015 exhibit and from the Gardens’ collection.
- Victorian Tea – Sunday, March 8th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., featuring a light catered lunch and mini workshop presentation. Cost is $25 for Garden members, $30 for non-members.
- Arcangel Gallery: Gardens’ Painting Class – March 20th through May 25th, featuring works from the Botanical Gardens’ Watercolor Class.
- Taste of Paradise – Friday, March 20th from 6 to 9 p.m. Get a sneak peak at the spring flower shower while sipping cocktails, sampling food from area restaurants and caterers and listening to tropical music.Tickets are $30 for Garden members, $35 for non-members – price increases to $40 after March 9th.
- Spring Flower Show – March 21st through April 12th – an Easter tradition featuring the Easter Bunny himself (March 21st and 22nd, March 28th and 29th, April 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day); also visit Farmer Brown’s Animals from 10 a.m. to 4p.m. daily.
- Medicinal Garden Feature – Saturday, March 28th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with presentations, displays, education and blood pressure screenings.
Don’t forget to pre-register for the Gardens’ annual Easter Egg Hunt, taking place Saturday, April 4th at 11 a.m. – this event normally sells out early! Cost is $8 for Garden members’ child, $10 for non-members’ child – after March 18th, cost goes up to $12; kids ages 7 and under are eligible.
For more information on these events and others at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, visit www.buffalogardens.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
· Buffalo Events
· Buffalo Sports Travel
· Buffalo Travel
· Buffalo Gardening
· Buffalo Baking
· Buffalo Motorsports
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter – @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org