We love holidays (of course each of us have our own favorites ) because they are special times of the year that remind us of the more important and meaningful things in our life and we can relive wonderful past memories as a child of those holidays (now through our “inner child” ) and build upon them year after year as we share them with our friends and loved ones while building more new memories alongside those memories we treasure .
Many of us choose to make certain chosen holidays not only a fun tradition but to transition that excitement and fun into a career by making a living or part time income using themes of those holidays as the centerpiece of our products and their marketing. Many people are building very successful businesses by finding niches ( things or hobbies a person likes ) and creating services or products with holiday themes throughout the year.
To be successful , we must develop a specialized skill known as “Strategizing” that will marry our excitement for the holiday to realistic expectations and planning, to make that business a success. Huge companies such as Amazon and WalMart, use “Strategizing to full optimization , making them successful role models for this skill.
The skills for strategizing are where you learn to put everything down on paper ( or digital paper like your computer’s notepad, word document or even “Evernote” so you know at all times where you are headed and can plan your next steps.
Here are 8 skill sets for “strategizing” your new year-round holiday business :
- Choose or mark on your calendar all the most important holidays YOU would like to market your product or services in one year to begin. You can always add other holidays in later years or revise your choices after testing those holidays in your first year.
- Go through your inventory of your products or services and do research to find out what markets are trending (in other words, what things are hot and what aren’t ) this year and what will sell the most. Predictive Buying by the average consumer, as defined at www.Ask.com suggests that this kind of intelligence , bridges between consumers and the products they want. Even if the consumer does not know of a product’s existence, predictive buying technology can, through an analysis of the consumer’s interactions, purchase history and other factors, bring that product to the consumer’s attention. Simply “Google” predictive buying and do your research on your products and trends for that product. You can even go the traditional route and attend trade shows in person or now, online, to learn about these trends as well and find new products.
- Pick products that are traditional for that holiday either as the owner of those products that you have created yourself ,bought wholesale or even become an affiliate of Amazon and many others like Amazon, Commission Junction or other companies that will allow you use their product listings and sell these products from your website or blog for a commission for the holidays you chose to promote this upcoming year and you only have to do the advertising and marketing !
- After you have decided on your products for that particular holiday campaign, strategize the amount of inventory and pricing that your competition would charge for those products and any “specials” they may offer during their holiday promotions of the same product.
- With online marketing, it’s the keywords for that product or service that usually sells, not necessarily the product itself ! Use Google free Adsense keywords tools to discover how people are trying to find your product or service on the internet and the names of products people are typing into their search boxes to find what they want.
- Once you have a good inventory of your keywords, start your content development. Buy an inexpensive domain for your online store, or simply create a free blog ( Blogger.com, Word Press Blog, etc ) , write articles, produce a free YouTube video, create a free online marketing banner at www.BannerSnack.com to place on your blogs or websites to advertise your product or service and post your banner links to all your friends on Facebook. Post also to all your other social medias as well to get your message out.You may even want to look into paid advertising of your product or services as well, with Google Adsense or even Facebook advertising for additional promotion.
- Write down the dates for launching your marketing campaign for each holiday. Study major retailers for when they begin promoting their seasonal products as well.
- As your creative juices continue to flow, look for other online success models and skills you can study and learn from , research and read free ebooks about the process and gleam ideas from them .Make that fun and excitement of the holidays extend from just those personal times of the year that seem to fly by, and use your new skills to create a fun hobby, part time income or full time career.
Strategizing skills are certifiably essential skills for all of us, whether we’re using them to earn a living and building a career or simply running our life. Of course you will need other skill sets such as Time Management Skills , Organizational Skills, Negotiation Skills, Customer Service Skills, Document creation tool training such as Microsoft Word and Power Point Skill Training and more over time.
Join our family and subscribe to our articles right here, today and you’ll be first in line to receive the free upcoming tips and resources for ALL these skill sets mentioned above in the months ahead as we continue our article series on these certifiably important skills for business, for your personal self worth or even your personal net worth !
Happy heartbeats, friend..