The call is going out for volunteers to help make the Magenta Mortgage Pro-Am presented by Mike Fair Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac Ltd. in support of the Team Henderson 110% Club and the Canadian Women’s Tour Ontario (CWTO) tournament at the Smiths Falls Golf and Country Club successful events.
The pro-am is scheduled for June 15 and the tournament runs from June 15-17, with the competition happening June 16-17.
Here are some of the requirements or qualifications:
- Ball spotters (forecaddies) – To be positioned at key areas of the course to assist players in locating their balls or to help them determine the last point of entry for a ball in a hazard. Required for all three days of CWTO tournament.
- Registration assistants – Greet players and record them as having arrived on-site, handing out player packages etc. Required for June 16 and 17.
- Starting and scoring assistants at the club house area – Assist with player starting and transport scorecards from the scoring tent to scoring centre (make photocopy of scorecard for the CWTO event) – Required all three days.
- Walking scorers for the CWTO event – Walk with their designated group and record the scores for each player on a prepared scoring sheet. After each hole, input the scores for each player into a tablet which will electronically update the championship leader board on the Golf Canada website. Required for June 16 and 17.
- Walking Standard Bearers for the CWTO event – Must be able to walk 18 holes and carry a 10 lb. standard that displays player scores relative to par. Required for June 16 and 17.
- Course Maintenance Assistants – To help with course preparations by raking bunkers according to directions prior to the commencement of play. This is an early morning assignment. Required for June 14-17.
- Caddies – Players are responsible for their caddies and can be penalized or fined due to their caddy’s conduct so it is important that volunteers for these positions are personable and have a strong knowledge of golf etiquette and the rules of golf. They should be available from the practice round through the end of the final round. Players are expected to reimburse caddies $50 per round. (The caddy may waive this fee if they wish). Required for June 16 and 17.
- Transportation – Some drivers may be required to pick up or deliver players to and from the Ottawa Airport. Assistance may also be needed with off-site parking and bus shuttle service. Required June 15-17.
- Player Billets – Due to the financial demands of playing on tour, some competitors may request to be billeted with a local family for the duration of the championship. Required June 14-16.
Anyone interested in one of these volunteer positions may register by going to the SFGCC web site: www.smithsfallsgolf.com.
Then click on the red button marked “Volunteers” and fill out the online registration form. The Volunteer Recruitment and Training Co-Chairs – Ron Dolinki and Brian Thompson – will contact you to confirm your volunteer role.
A Volunteer Orientation Session will take place at the SFGCC on May 25 beginning at 7 p.m.