Nearly every governor, senator, billionaire, and celebrity has a strategy to become President of the United States of America regardless of whether they’re qualified or not, and it’s the voters’ responsibility to decide which candidates’ skills match the job description.
The job description of the President is written in the U.S. Constitution, Article Two. In brief, this is what the job is about:
- The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States…..
- S/he makes treaties with other nations which must be approved by the Senate.
- S/he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices…. (this is in reference to the President’s Cabinet).
- S/he nominates candidates for additional high ranking senior management jobs such as justice of the Supreme Court, which must be approved by the Senate.
- S/he can fill vacancies while the Senate is in recess (while the Senators are on vacation).
- S/he shall…give…Congress…the State of the Union (and make recommendations)
- S/he may…convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them…s/he may adjourn them
- S/he hosts and entertains foreign leaders
- S/he enforces the laws that are already on the books
- S/he manages all of the military officers across the nation
- S/he can be fired (“impeached”) for breaking the law. (Several U.S. Presidents have been impeached).
Below is the list of executive departments which is the President’s cabinet:
- The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments —
- Health and Human Services,
- Homeland Security,
- Housing and Urban Development,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Attorney General,
The President does the hiring for the most important management jobs in this country and so it makes sense to vote for a candidate who has a lot of experience in that area. Please do NOT vote for a candidate who has a history of accepting bribes, or for someone who has a history of nepotism or cronyism.
There is no lower form of leadership than someone who accepts bribes or uses their civil service job to generate profit for their own private company, or for their nonprofit organization, or to leak confidential information about a public company to a stock broker. It’s grounds for impeachment but it’s very common anyway. Politicians figure that if they can keep that income off of their tax forms then they’ll never get caught.
Make sure that your favorite candidate does NOT have a conflict of interest with The White House. For example, former Vice President Dick Cheney had a conflict of interest with President Bush because he owned stock in Halliburton (including subsidiaries Brown & Root Services, and Halliburton Logging Services), a defense contractor that profited from the wars that followed the attack on September 11, 2001.
My gut instinct tells me that Cheney did not cause it but he knew that it was coming, as CIA workers had known for over four months. Cheney was in Colorado during the attacks. Colorado has a large army base for combat troops. In my opinion he was getting ready to go to war. That makes him look like a Hero except that he had told the Air Force to turn off their air defense system over New York City! In other words, he knew (just as the CIA did) that an attack on NYC was imminent and he allowed it to happen. Why? Some people say it was because he owned stock in Halliburton which would profit from a war. Personally, in my opinion he did it because terrorists from the Middle East had been threatening the U.S. for many years and he needed them to cause damage in order to get permission from the U.S. House of Representatives to declare war against them. Additionally, he needed support or at least understanding from the United Nations.
Certain democrats have had conflicts of interest with the President, too. For example, the public just discovered that Bill Clinton collected $500,000 per speech, multiple times, while his wife Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State during Barack Obama’s first term as President. If that’s not a conflict of interest than what is? Will Bill do it again if she becomes President? Their daughter Chelsea was on the cover of ELLE magazine when Hillary announced that she’s running for President. How much did ELLE pay her for it? Chelsea and Bill are already creating a conflict of interest with The White House and Hillary is not even there yet. And if Bill uses The White House building as a bachelor pad to host sex sessions with his girlfriend then it will be on the cover of every magazine on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, and all over the internet. Should everyone start placing bets that Hillary will send him back to New York or she’ll move into the presidential airplane Air Force One and fly around the world so much that she’ll never come home?
Why don’t politicians understand that having a conflict of interest with their office is a crime? If Hillary gets elected then an outside third party will have to audit her nonprofit foundation and all of her relatives’ taxes every year until she leaves office. Hire Ken Starr, the lawyer who investigated the Clintons during the 1990’s for the Whitewater controversy. He also investigated Bill for the Monica Lewinsky scandal which led to his impeachment. The Lewinsky complaint was frivolous and had bi-partisan politics written all over it and so Ken Starr is too aggressive like a junk yard dog, but that is exactly the kind of auditor that America needs to monitor money flowing to and from the President and his or her relatives.
The President is also the Commander in Chief of the military and so it makes sense to vote for a candidate who has military experience. However, those who spent their whole life in the military lack civilian experience in the private sector and they are out of touch. For example, I have an old friend who is a high ranking senior naval officer in the Canadian Royal Navy. He’ll forgive me for this admission because we’ve joked about it in the past: He’s the absolute worst person on earth to go to for career advice in the private sector. Below is a list of his recommendations for unemployed Americans:
- Move to China and teach English (which pays $1,300 to $1,800 a month)
- Open a topless barber shop (Later he said that it was a joke)
- Make dresses for male cross dressers
- Go to Casino Dealer School (Gambling is illegal in some states)
- Sell ice cream cones on the street
Those were all of the ideas that he had over a two year period.
The President is also involved in legal matters and so it would be nice if s/he went to law school. However, The White House has staff lawyers to advise the president and so it’s not an absolute necessity.
The President has a major influence over the economy. For that reason, it is critical that she or he studied economics in college! It’s more important than law school by far.
Global warming and environmental issues are a top priority especially because of the extreme drought in California. For that reason, it’s critical to vote for a president who will take the environment seriously and will do whatever it takes to mass produce Clean Energy to replace fossil fuels. The global community is angry at the U.S. and China for being gross polluters and I don’t blame them one bit. We deserve their wrath, and our next President has to be a person who takes it very seriously.
Please don’t get the wrong impression that it’s acceptable to continue to use fossil fuels because Canada never complains about it. Alberta Canada is the second largest oil supplier in the world after Saudi Arabia. They get rich from everyone’s dependence on oil. We still love you Canada and we’ll do anything for you but our oil addiction has to stop because we’re already losing our farms in California. To make Canadians feel better about the U.S. maybe we’ll let them borrow our armed ice breakers to help them protect their borders in the arctic. If we can’t do that than maybe we can get New York to stop dumping garbage in the Atlantic Ocean, or at least get American fishermen to stop dumping their old fishing nets in the Atlantic and the Pacific. There are many ways that we can be a better neighbor. It’s unfortunate that our currency exchange rate is so far out of balance because we could have sold more exports to Canadians.
Below is a list of candidates who will probably run for President in 2016:
- Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States
- Al Gore, former Vice President of the United States
- Hillary Clinton, former U.S. Secretary of State, former Senator of New York, former First Lady (she is married to former President Bill Clinton)
- former Governor Martin O’Malley of Maryland,
- former Senator Jim Webb of Virginia,
- Senator Bernard (“Bernie”) Sanders, an independent from Vermont who could run as a Democrat
- Martin O’Malley, Governor of Maryland
- Jim Webb, former Senator of Virginia, and former U.S. Secretary of the Navy
- Dannel Malloy, Governor of Connecticut
- Jack Markell, Governor of Delaware
- Chris Murphy, Senator from Connecticut
- Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
- Paul Strauss
- Jeff Boss
- Vermin Supreme
- Rick Perry, Governor of Texas
- Rick Santorum, former Senator of Pennsylvania
- former Governor Gary Earl Johnson of New Mexico
- former Governor George Pataki of New York
- former Governor Jeb Bush of Florida,
- Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin,
- Senator Ted Cruz of Texas,
- Senator Marco Rubio of Florida
- Mike Huckabee, Governor of Arkansas
- Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey
- Lindsey Graham, Senator from South Carolina
- Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana
- John Kasich, Governor of Ohio
- Carly Fiorina, former business executive
- Rand Paul of Kentucky
- Ben Carson, medical doctor
- Donald Trump, real estate developer, casino owner and TV personality
- Jill Stein
- Steve Stockman
- Robby Wells
- Jack Ferrell
- former Governor Jesse Ventura of Minnesota
- Terry Jones, pastor
- Lincoln Chafee, Governor of Rhode Island
- Zoltan Istvan