Valentine’s Day is one of the most romantic day of the year, and with that said it is also a huge day for restaurants who aim to serve delectable dishes for couples to indulge in. I have created a round-up of some of the best dining options in New York City this Valentine’s Day, everything from one of my favorite places, Limani to the seductive, Musket Room, and how can you not love The Mark Restaurant. Check out the full list below, and wherever you decide to go, make sure that you spend it with the person who is crazy about you as much as you are crazy about them.
Valentines Day at Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel
On Saturday, February 14th, celebrate Valentine’s Day with a romantic dinner at Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel. Upstairs is a year-round rooftop lounge with incredible 360 degree views Midtown Manhattan – the perfect date spot for dinner and drinks with your special someone.
Upstairs will be offering a pre-fixe menu for two at $85/person. With the pre-fixe, both guests can indulge in a glass of champagne along with an amuse bouche, a choice of 3 small plates, and a delicious heart shaped rainbow cake with raspberry filling. Their regular menu will also be available for guests to order a la carte.
Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel
145 E 50th St, Penthouse (between Lexington & Third Aves.)
New York, NY 10022
For more information on Upstairs at the Kimberly, please visit: www.upstairsnyc.com/ .
Valentine’s Day at the Mark Hotel
For Valentine’s Day, The Mark Hotel is offering bubble baths on demand, a special five course dinner menu at The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges and a Love to Indulge by Frédéric Malle special offer for two…
· A Café Society candle combining the aromas of lavender, patchouli and amber and a set of Frédéric Malle’s signature soap, Anterenea, which is an exotic mix of spices, sandalwood and anise.
· A dozen stunning red roses in room on arrival, a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Rosé and an artisanal cheese and fruit platter.
· Breakfast for two to indulge in bed or in the The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges, designed by Jacques Grange.
· Luxurious bubble baths can be arranged to exact preference and timed for guest arrival or at turn down through concierge.
Jean-Georges specially created five course dinner menu includes delicacies like Fresh Fettuccini with Black Truffle Fondue, Oysters on the half shell, Maine Lobster, Lemon Risotto & Basil and an indulgent Salted Caramel Sundae, Candied Popcorn, Peanuts and Fudge Sauce.
Church Street Tavern Valentine’s Day Tasting Menu
Church Street Tavern is offering the menu Saturday the 14 th at $170 per couple and $85 per person!
Church Street Tavern Valentine’s Day Tasting Menu
Chorizo, Crispy Chestnuts and Crème Fraiche
King Crab and Heirloom Potatoes
Celery Root Puree, Finger Lime, Fines Herbs
Grilled Wagyu Beef Heart
Green Papaya, Mint, Smoked Salted Almonds and Fried Watercress
Glazed Pork Belly
Brussel Sprouts, Parsnip, Cranberry
A choice of
Short Rib Bourguignone
Pearl Onions, Lardons, Baby Carrots and Winter Truffle
Uni Beurre Blanc, Frisee, Crispy Rice Salad and Italian Black Truffle
Perrier Jouet Grand Brut NV 750 ML
Bosc Pear Tart with Lavender Gelato & candied rose petals.
About Church Street Tavern
Located in the heart of Tribeca, Church Street Tavern features new American fare with a vibrant raw bar, extensive wine list, and a seasonal cocktail menu. The vintage décor boasting exposed brick and subway tiled walls, tufted leather banquettes and exposed piping gives guests the feel of old New York with a modern day twist. Church Street Tavern features two exposed wine cellars atop stairs in a balcony-like setting, and can be a private dining option that overlooks the entire restaurant. Church Street Tavern offers an American classic food menu crafted by Ryan Skeen, and an overall atmosphere perfect for fine dining and after-dinner cocktails at the bar, or both, and above all, an unparalleled level of hospitality.
313 Church Street
The Musket Room Valentine’s Day Special
The Musket Room is pleased to offer diners the perfect romantic evening with a Kiwi twist. The restaurant, a cozy refuge nestled on Elizabeth Street, is a unique blend of inviting comfort and world-class New Zealand cuisine, making the Michelin star dining experience in an intimate setting an ideal romantic meal for two.
For Valentine’s Day 2015, The Musket Room will feature a number of special touches to impress any dining duo:
· Valentine’s Day Menu: Matt Lambert will set the tone for an evening of romance by guiding guests through a six course tasting menu ($125) showcasing a number of “aphrodisiac” ingredients. Menu highlights include Mushroom soup with truffle and sweetbreads, Lobster with brown butter, uni and herbs, and Matt’s signature show-stopping New Zealand red deer with flavors of gin. The memorable meal can be paired with beverages for $85, and additional, indulgent courses such as oyster with trout row and mignonette, caviar ice cream with crème fraiche and dill, and foie gras with raspberries, apple and rocket, are available as supplements.
· Valentine’s Day Bottled Cocktail for Two: Bar Director Chris Barry has put a lot of love and care in to his special Valentine’s cocktail, marrying two classic cocktails in a bottled drink for two, inspired by the classic chocolate strawberries and cream. The base cocktail riffs on a Negroni, punched up with a dash of crème de cacao, to which Chris adds a house-made strawberry-infused clarified Milk Punch. The final cocktail is balanced and layered, offering a creamy texture, the strong essence of fresh strawberries, a touch of chocolate, and the bitter balance of a classic Negroni.
· Valentine’s Day Desserts: Let’s not forget about the sweet ending to the meal! Pastry Chef Becca Punch has created two courses to end the night on a high note, a ginger birch palate cleanser meant to evoke memories of sharing a root beer float, and a theatrical Bananas Foster dessert that shows her playful personality. Bananas are encased in a white chocolate shell that is served, then melted by hot caramel sauce poured over the dish, completing a plate that also includes a lemon cremeux, roasted banana Yuzu sorbet, banana cake and honey comb – a sweet treat to savor before departing with a box of aphrodisiac-flavored macarons, chocolates and petit fours to enjoy as a late night snack – or the next morning.
World-Champion Pizzaiolo GIULIO ADRIANI Opens SRO on the Bowery, Unveiling New York City’s Only Pizza Speakeasy
World-champion pizzaiolo Giulio Adriani (formerly of Forcella) recently opened New York City’s only pizza speakeasy. SRO, which stands for Single Room Occupancy, is situated in an inconspicuous 24-seat room illuminated by the glowing embers of a traditional wood-burning Neapolitan pizza oven. SRO also gives a nod to the Bowery of yore, when low-income housing lined the infamous row; bands like The Ramones, Talking Heads and Blondie played at the now-defunct CBGBs; and neighborhood restaurants were discovered word-of-mouth. This is one way to do romance on an affordable budget, while still providing a sense of intimacy.
SRO patrons enter through an invisible door inside Espoleta Tapas & Wine Bar with a street-front “No Vacancy” sign signaling when the pizzeria is at capacity or has available seating. “People love hidden gems,” says Adriani. “And I hope they’ll love discovering SRO.”
Adriani, who formerly helmed popular Neapolitan pizzeria Forcella in the same location, has created SRO as a test kitchen where he can exercise his creative whims for a select crowd of pizza aficionados. He hopes to host customers in a convivial, interactive, and intimate setting where guests are able to enjoy his unique culinary creations while feeling right at home.
SRO will be offering a $38 three-course tasting menu, including a choice of appetizer, pizza, and dessert, as well as three beverage pairings (wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks). With the exception of the classic Margherita and Adriani’s famous fried Montanara, which will always be available, the pizzas will change daily and include three to four chalkboard specials.
Some of the pies will include: Espoleta (chorizo, shishito peppers, Sun Gold tomatoes, fresh mozzarella); SRO (merguez, stracchino, caramelized onions); and Uptown (lardo, burrata, truffle, leeks.) To complement the tasting menu, additional pizzas will be available for $10 and appetizers for $5.
SRO’s daily food and beverage pairings are curated by award-winning Court of Master Sommelier, Ariel Lacayo, who has been named “Best Maître D’ in New York City” by New York magazine. Extra beverages may be ordered for additional cost.
Follow SRO on Instagram @sropizza, Twitter @SROpizza and Facebook @SRO. Reservations can be made via email at email@example.com , the official website www.sropizza.com , or calling (212) 466-3301 .
334 Bowery (near Bond St.) – New York, NY 10012
CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY AT STRIP HOUSE MIDTOWN
On Saturday, February 14th, Strip House Midtown will host an intimate evening of fine dining in celebration of Valentine’s Day. All are invited to enjoy perfectly charred cuts with decadent sides set in Strip House’s romantic environment where old world glamour meets modern style and sophistication.
Strip House Midtown will be offering the following specials:
- Champagne, Billecart-Salmon ‘Brut Rose’, Mareuil-Sur-Ay, NY (375ml) – $95
- Chile Roasted Maine Lobster with Citrus Broth, Fennel- Bean Ragout ($24)
- 24oz Barrel Cut Chateaubriand for Two ($49pp)
- Black Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi ($18)
- Red Velvet Cake for two ($17)
- Hot Lips cocktail with Sauza Blanco Tequila, Strawberry Puree, Fresh Lime Juice and Jalepeno Syrup ($12)
The regular menu will also be available for guests to order. To learn more or to reserve a table, please call Strip House Midtown at 212-336-5454 or visit http://www.striphouse.com/
Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Limani in Rockefeller Center
Limani has a $95 prex-fixe four-course tasting dinner beginning at 5pm and continuing throughout the evening, check out the full menu below:
Tomato Salad ~ the authentic Greek salad
Blue Point Oysters ~ ½ doz. In the half shell
Clams ~ ½ doz. In the half shell
Beets ~ Roasted beets with yogurt basil sauce
Peppers ~ Holland. Grilled red and yellow peppers
Shrimp~ Charcoal grilled jumbo shrimp (3pcs)
Crab Cake ~ Jumbo lump crabmeat with Maryland spices
Octopus ~ Tunisia. Grilled, sashimi quality
Loup de Mer ~ Mediterranean. Moist, mild
Salmon ~ Scotland. Organic filet
Lobster 2 ½ ~ Nova Scotia; deep sea, charcoal grilled
Chicken ~ Bone-in breast marinated with rosemary & thyme
Filet Mignon ~ 10 oz. boneless dry aged prime beef tenderloin
Baklava ~ A chocolate lover’s twist to the traditional favorite
Strawberries ~ Chocolate covered strawberries
Served with a glass of sweet Muscat dessert wine
Coffee & Tea included
Pergola’s Stairway to Heaven Bash
36 W. 28th Street
Pergola is offering options for singles and couples alike on Valentine’s Day. Make a dinner reservation for two with your loved one downstairs or bring your single friends upstairs to the Mediterranean hotspot, which will have an area dedicated to those looking for love. There will be multiple packages available for single groups. Parties of five get 1 Bottle of Limited “Pour on the Fun” Moet Chandon, 2 Cocktail Carafe’s ( Lavender Lime Collins, Jalisco Rose), Mediterranean Tasting Platter and Strawberry Hearts Kabobs topped with whipped cream for dessert (for $325). A group of ten will get 3 bottles of limited “Pour on the Fun Moet Chandon,” Lavender Lime Collins, Jalisco Rose, and Spearmint 75 cocktail carafes, a tasting platter of delicious appetizers and Strawberry Heart Kabobs (for $550). For dinner reservations or to book a Valentine’s Day group package please call 212-679-4842, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.pergolanewyork.com
Nerai’s 5- Course Valentine’s Day
If you’re looking for a Greek Isle escape this Valentine’s Day, look no further than Nerai. The midtown restaurant serves upscale Greek Cuisine and the freshest seafood flown in daily. From 5:30-10:30 PM enjoy the ($95) 5-course prix fixe menu crafted by Chef Chris Christou that includes Kumamoto Oyster, Lobster Orzotto, Filet Mignon, Ora King Salmon, and an array of specialty desserts with vegetarian options available. For the wine connoisseurs, a special ($55) wine-pairing menu is available. For Valentine’s Day dinner reservations, please call (212) 759-5554 or visit http://nerainyc.com
Arabelle’s 6- Course Valentine’s Day Dinner
Hôtel Plaza Athénée’s restaurant Arabelle is offering you and your Valentine an incredible ($185 per person) 6-course dinner tasting menu to celebrate the special day. From 6pm-10pm guests will enjoy delicacies like the Truffle Soup, Torchon of Foie Gras, Roasted Lamb Loin and a special Valentine’s Day Dessert Medley. A wine pairing option is available with the 6-course menu for $295. While diners feast on the meal, Alex Donner Orchestra will perform music from the Great American Songbook. For dinner reservations or please call 212-606-4647 or visit http://www.arabellerestaurant.com