- “Good Ol’ Freda” is now out on DVD and Blu-ray and is also streaming on Netflix. Screening information at the film website at http://www.goodolfreda.com .
- “A Hard Day’s Night”, remastered, is now back on DVD and streaming on Hulu Plus.
- Also on Hulu Plus: “Shanghai Surprise,” which features a cameo by George Harrison.
- Both Hulu Plus and Netflix also have streams of “Strange Fruit: The Bealtes’ Apple Records.”
Beatles guided tours
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://fab4nyctours.weebly.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax’s A Magical History Tour. Website: http://www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3589362-10881223
- 1964: The Tribute: Nov. 15: Shreveport, Louisiana. Nov. 22: Cincinnati, Ohio. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Nov. 22: North Bend Oregon. Nov. 28: Anaheim, California Nov. 29: Redwood City, California. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: Jan. 21, 2015: Tacoma, Washington. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Jan. 29: Courtenay, B.C., Canada. More info: http://www.laurencejuber.com.
- Britain’s Finest: Nov. 15: Lake Elsinore, California. Nov. 22: Riverside, California. Dec. 13: Los Alamitos, California. Info: http://www.beatlestributeband.net.
- Creme Tangerine: Nov. 14: Issaquah, Washington. Nov. 15: Seattle, Washington. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- The Fab Faux: Nov. 15: Chicago, Illinois. Nov. 22: New Brunswick, New Jersey. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- Liverpool Legends (with Louise Harrison): Dec. 5: Aberdeen, South Dakota. Nov. 6: Sioux Falls, South Dakota. http://liverpoollegends.com/calendar.html
- Forever Fab, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Beach. 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Info: http://www.foureverfabshow.com/tickets.htm
- Bootleg Beatles: August and September: Shows in UK, Europe. October: Russia. November, December: UK, Europe. January: Denmark. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- George Harrison: “The Apple Years” from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- Beatles Japanese box set (http://amzn.to/1lZ4Klc), from Amazon.com.
- Beatles vinyl box 9/9/14 http://amzn.to/1p0ZShs
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
Nov. 9, 1961: Brian Epstein gets his first look at the Beatles at a lunch time show at the Cavern.
Beatles chart news:
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
Albums: “A Hard Day’s Night” #1.
50 years ago on the American charts:
Albums: “A Hard Day’s Night” #3. “Something New” #4.
Last week’s best Beatles stories:
- Paul McCartney tribute features Billy Joel covers, several configurations
- Gallery to host Beatles auction and sale to benefit charity
- Cast revealed for film with new details about John Lennon’s death
- Exclusive preview: What you’ll hear on much buzzed ‘Art of McCartney’ tribute
- Vastly improved sound makes new McCartney remasters amazing
- Halloween Eve adds some spooky moments to Paul McCartney’s U.S. tour finale
- Paul McCartney unveils unreleased version of Wings song ‘Rock Show’
- McCartney guitarist plans live show, adds music to ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. On the latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com, we do a roundup of the latest Beatles news. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: More from the remasters for “Venus And Mars,” “Wings At The Speed Of Sound” and the Deluxe version of “New,” plus a set of Beatles/solo demos. The show airs this Wednesday 8-10pm (est) on WNHU, West Haven, CT, which can be streamed at www.wnhu.net More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com..
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. to noon PT Sunday. Website.
- “Chris Carter’s ‘British Invasion’: Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Nov. 9: Former DJ Dave Hull, BBC tracks, Paul McCartney’s “Hell To Pay.” Show website: http://www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: Airs from 7-9 a.m. on WMGK/Philadelphia (102.9) and KSLX/Phoenix FM (100.7)
- “Beatle Brunch”: Website: http://www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “The First Beatles Solo Singles.” Available on iTunes and www.fab4freeforall.com.
- “Magical Mystery Tour”: Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Sundays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages… Also on the Chicago Radioland Radio and Media website at http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6800-the-magical-mystery-tour-podca… . Also just added to Fab4Radio.com.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Stan (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Songs Under the Microscope #1: ‘You Never Give Me Your Money.’” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “Now and Then”: An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station’s frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “Here There and Everywhere”: 6 to 9 a.m. PT Thursdays, KZSC-FM. Hosted by Michael Bryant. You can listen here.
- “On the Beat”: Excellent show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “ The Beatles Show with Casey Piotrowski” airs every Sunday on radio stations throughout the country.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Beatles Brunch” with Geoff Lloyd: Weekly Beatles show on Absolute Radio in the UK . Airs at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT).
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Beatle Ahora”: Airs 6 p.m. Sunday CT from Puebla Mexico. Listen here:
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Anna’s Beatle Hour”: Hour show hosted by Anna Frawley with music of Beatles group and solo years. From Poland, but in English. Available weekly at noon ET on Fridays at the show’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Annabeatlehouronradiownet?fref=ts.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://beatlesandbeyond.homestead.com/contact.html and www.rokradio.com.
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our Monkees Examiner or our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examinercolumns for all our other news coverage.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Stan on Facebook and Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.