Your weekly Beatles calendar:
“Ladies and Gentleman…The Beatles!” Now at History Miami until January 18. 2015. History Miami 101 West Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33130. Co-produced by the Grammy Museum and Fab Four Exhibits.
- “Good Ol’ Freda” is now out on DVD and Blu-ray and is also streaming on Netflix. Screening information at the film website at http://www.goodolfreda.com .
- “A Hard Day’s Night”, remastered, is now back on DVD and streaming on Hulu Plus.
- Also on Hulu Plus: “Shanghai Surprise,” which features a cameo by George Harrison.
- Both Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime also have streams of “Strange Fruit: The Bealtes’ Apple Records.”
Beatles guided tours
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://fab4nyctours.weebly.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax’s A Magical History Tour. Website: http://www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
Liverpool, London and Hamburg by Charles F. Rosenay!!!’s Liverpool Productions August 22-September 2, 2015 www.LiverpoolTours.com
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3589362-10881223
- 1964: The Tribute: Nov. 30: Redondo Beach, California. Dec. 4: Huntington, Tennessee. Dec. 5: Henderson, Tennessee. Dec. 6: Ithaca, New York. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Dec. 5; Fresno, California. Dec. 6: Sacramento, California. Dec. 11: Winnipeg, Canada. Dec. 12-14: Regina, Canada. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: Jan. 21, 2015: Tacoma, Washington. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Jan. 29: Courtenay, B.C., Canada. More info: http://www.laurencejuber.com.
- Britain’s Finest: Dec. 13: Los Alamitos, California. Info: http://www.beatlestributeband.net.
- Creme Tangerine: Jan. 30: 7th Annual Seattle Beatles Rooftop Day, Seattle, Washington. Info: http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times .
- The Fab Faux: Dec. 27-31: New York City. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- Liverpool Legends (with Louise Harrison): Dec. 5: Aberdeen, South Dakota. Nov. 6: Sioux Falls, South Dakota. http://liverpoollegends.com/calendar.html
- Forever Fab, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Beach. 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Info: http://www.foureverfabshow.com/tickets.htm
- Bootleg Beatles: August and September: Shows in UK, Europe. October: Russia. November, December: UK, Europe. January: Denmark. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- George Harrison: “The Apple Years” from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- Beatles Japanese box set (http://amzn.to/1lZ4Klc), from Amazon.com.
- Beatles vinyl box 9/9/14 http://amzn.to/1p0ZShs
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- Nov. 30, 1963: Beatles escape from crowds at a show at the Empire Theater in Sunderland, UK, by running from the stage to the firehouse next door, going down a fire pole and into a waiting fire truck.
- Dec. 1, 1964: Ringo has his tonsils taken out at a hospital in London.
- Dec. 4, 1964: “Beatles For Sale” released on Parlophone in the UK.
Beatles chart news — 50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- Albums: “A Hard Day’s Night” #1.
50 years ago on the American charts:
- Albums: “A Hard Day’s Night” #4. “Something New” #6.
- Singles: “Ringo” by Lorne Green #5.
Last week’s best Beatles stories:
- Beatles radio show ‘Things We Said Today’ expands talk with two new co-hosts
- ‘All You Need Is Paint’ exhibit combines Beatles images and contemporary art
- First look at Beatles Record Store Day EP; Modern Drummers poll news
- Paul McCartney concert tonight being broadcast live in Brazil
- Beatles’ ‘Abbey Road’ cover photo and outtakes sell for over $250,000
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, the four of us myself, Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” and now Allan Kozinn of the New York Times and Beatles author Al Sussman, discuss the latest Beatles topics. The latest show is on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at email@example.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: The show airs this Wednesday 8-10pm (est) on WNHU, West Haven, CT, which can be streamed at www.wnhu.net More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com.. Also streamed at http://globaltexanchronicles.com/every-little-thing-w-ken-michaels-3/.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. to noon PT Sunday. Website.
- “Chris Carter’s ‘British Invasion’: Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: “The Beatles Story” album turns 50. Show website: http://www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: Airs from 7-9 a.m. on WMGK/Philadelphia (102.9) and KSLX/Phoenix FM (100.7)
- “Beatle Brunch”: Website: http://www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Candy Leonard, author of “Beatleness.” Website: www.fab4freeforall.com.
- “Magical Mystery Tour”: Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Sundays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages… Also on the Chicago Radioland Radio and Media website at http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6800-the-magical-mystery-tour-podca… . Also just added to Fab4Radio.com.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Stan (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: “A Celebration of Sgt. Pepper.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “Now and Then”: An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station’s frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “Here There and Everywhere”: 6 to 9 a.m. PT Thursdays, KZSC-FM. Hosted by Michael Bryant. You can listen here.
- “On the Beat”: Excellent show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “ The Beatles Show with Casey Piotrowski” airs every Sunday on radio stations throughout the country.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Beatles Brunch” with Geoff Lloyd: Weekly Beatles show on Absolute Radio in the UK . Airs at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT).
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Beatle Ahora”: Airs 6 p.m. Sunday CT from Puebla Mexico. Listen here:
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Anna’s Beatle Hour”: Hour show hosted by Anna Frawley with music of Beatles group and solo years. From Poland, but in English. Available weekly at noon ET on Fridays at the show’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Annabeatlehouronradiownet?fref=ts.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://beatlesandbeyond.homestead.com/contact.html and www.rokradio.com.
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our Monkees Examiner or our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examinercolumns for all our other news coverage.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Stan on Facebook and Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.