The 87th Annual Academy Awards might be over, but the beautiful looks will withstand the test of time. New mom Zoe Saldana stunned Oscar’s red carpet in her Versace gown, although the E! “Live From the Red Carpet” hosts slammed her choice of fashion, which is irrelevant because at this point in time the network has questionable credibility thanks to Giuliana Rancic and the loss of Joan Rivers. However, if you loved Zoe’s style, the professionals from L’Oréal Paris responsible for the “Guardians of the Galaxy” star’s hair and makeup have detailed how to get Saldana’s Oscars look.
L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Hairstylist Mara Roszak wanted Zoe Saldana to have a “sexy, Sophia Loren, Italian-inspired feel for the Academy Awards. Her celebrity hairstyle how-to guide is as follows.
- Wash with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner like L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Power Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Apply Advanced Hairstyle Boost It High Lift Creation Spray, and then roughly dry the hair, making a defined center part.
- Using the one-inch ghd Curve Classic Curl Iron, take random sections of the hair and curl by wrapping the hair around the iron.
- Because the 36-year-old actress wanted a “natural, smoothed-out texture,” Mara used her hands to brush out the hair and loosen the waves.
- Spray Elnett Extra Hold Hairspray all over, and then pull pieces back section by section.
- Gather the top half of the hair using bobby pins, then proceed to the bottom section, wrapping them up and pinning.
- Let some pieces naturally fall down to soften the look.
- Finish with L’Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Lock It Weather Control Hairspray to battle the rain on Oscar Sunday.
Vera Steimberg for L’Oréal Paris collaborated with Mara to create the sexy siren Sophia Loren look. According to Vera, “She has such a gorgeous, new-mom glow that I wanted her skin to stand out and focus more on the eyes, balanced out with a soft lip color.” Zoe Saldana’s Oscar makeup look is as follows.
- Prep the skin with L’Oréal Paris Youth Code Texture Perfector Day/Night Cream.
- Apply Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Tan on the cheekbones and Crème Cafe for shading.
- Use the new Colour Riche La Palette Nude, applying the lighter colors from the palette in the middle of the eye and going darker towards the corners of the eye.
- Finish the eyes with a few coats of Voluminous Original Mascara in Black.
- Because the eye was the focus of the “dramatic look,” keep a softer lip with Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor in Timeless Rose.
- Set the face with Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray “to ensure the makeup stayed fresh throughout the night.
The L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray was used often at this year’s Oscars and Golden Globes to keep the look new long into the after parties. Having sampled the product, it has become a staple in the Beauty Lookbook Examiner’s beauty drawer.